The generations on either side of me link me to my past and my future. My view of family history involves revealing the roots and the branches.

Throughout this blog you will find perspectives related to the doctrines of temple and family history work from revealed revelation given to living prophets of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Sunday, June 12, 2016

We Should All Be Very Diligent

Salt Lake City Temple - Stuart L. Gardner Photography
"The time must come when temples will be found all over the earth, in many nations. This is most necessary for the salvation, exaltation, and eternal life of man. Then we should all be very diligent in gathering the family records and so live to be worthy of taking part in this work."

- Eldred G. Smith, LDS General Conference, October 1972

Note: In 1972, there were 13 operating temples. Today, there are currently 150 operating temples, 16 under construction, and 11 more announced.

1 comment:

  1. Great Blog. I just found a new line and am still doing the Happy Dance. Also I started a new blog this year about my ancestors who were called by the Church to go to Arizona. Maybe we should follow each other
    http://thestephensherwoodletters.blogspot.com
    http://thehoneymoontrail.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete