The generations on either side of me link me to my past and my future. My view of family history involves revealing the roots and the branches.

Throughout this blog you will find perspectives related to the doctrines of temple and family history work from revealed revelation given to living prophets of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Sunday, February 12, 2017

The Heavens Will Open

Photo From LDS Media Library
“My dear brothers and sisters I entreat you to make a sacrifice of time to the Lord by increasing the time you spend doing temple and family history work and then watch what happens. It is my testimony that when we show the Lord we are serious about helping our ancestors, the heavens will open and we will receive all that we need.” 

– Wendy Watson Nelson, Family Discovery Day General Session, RootsTech 2017.

1 comment:

  1. Right before RootsTech, I was afraid I was getting sick. I remembered a similar promise from Elder Cook in which he promised that as we do this work, we can have any of the blessings we desired. I called on the Lord to bless with me with health so that I might have the opportunity to share my love of family history in accordinance to my faith and my devotion to this work. I was blessed and stayed well throughout the entire week. There is a power in this work.

    ReplyDelete