The generations on either side of me link me to my past and my future. My view of family history involves revealing the roots and the branches.

Throughout this blog you will find perspectives related to the doctrines of temple and family history work from revealed revelation given to living prophets of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Sunday, March 19, 2017

Why Should I Spend Time Searching?


“The question may arise in one’s mind, Why should I spend time in searching out my ancestors? How can they contribute anything to me? Why should I evidence more than passing interest in their welfare? We are largely a product of our progenitors, their strength sustains us, their weaknesses, if any, warn us of traits and tendencies to curb and avoid. Their love and devotion bring to fulfillment the Savior’s great law of love with combined loved ones and families joyfully together in time and throughout eternity. We owe them much more than we can every repay. A noble heritage has always been regarded as one of life’s greatest treasures.” 

– Ezra Taft Benson, “Temple Memories,” Ogden Utah Temple Dedication, 18 January 1972.

No comments:

Post a Comment