The generations on either side of me link me to my past and my future. My view of family history involves revealing the roots and the branches.

Throughout this blog you will find perspectives related to the doctrines of temple and family history work from revealed revelation given to living prophets of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Sunday, May 21, 2017

The Lord Is In This Work

George Taft Benson Family
Louise Ballif Benson is seated 2nd from right.
“The Lord is in this work. He wants it to prosper. He wants us to be successful in our efforts. While living with my grandmother, Louise Ballif Benson, in Logan as a student, I knew she had been working very hard on her research. She kept referring to the fact that there was a gap that she couldn’t fill and it worried her. She prayed about it fervently. One day she received a package address just ‘Benson Family, Utah.’ The package contained a printed book which had come from a man in Syracuse, New York, who had done research independently – not as a member of the Church. You can imagine the joy that filled my grandmother’s heart when she found that this not only filled the gap, but did much more than that. Her prayers had been answered. Yes, there are many ways to help get the job done.” 

– Ezra Taft Benson, “Eternal Memories,” Tenth Annual Priesthood Genealogical Research Seminar, 
BYU, Provo, Utah, 31 July 1975.

No comments:

Post a Comment