The generations on either side of me link me to my past and my future. My view of family history involves revealing the roots and the branches.

Throughout this blog you will find perspectives related to the doctrines of temple and family history work from revealed revelation given to living prophets of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Sunday, July 9, 2017

I Owe My Existence To Them


One young lady, a genealogist, was asked the question, 
“What if you find an undesirable character in your family tree, such as a pirate or convict or the like?” 
She answered, 
“My responsibility does not concern how he lived, but just that he lived and died. After all, I owe my existence to him, and my only way of paying that debt is to do the baptism and sealing work for him. It will be up to him to accept it.”
- Elder Eldred G. Smith, “Family Research," LDS General Conference, October 1975.

No comments:

Post a Comment