The generations on either side of me link me to my past and my future. My view of family history involves revealing the roots and the branches.

Throughout this blog you will find perspectives related to the doctrines of temple and family history work from revealed revelation given to living prophets of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Sunday, December 3, 2017

An Individual Responsibility

Photo from LDS Media Library
“Much more must be done in our personal genealogical research. We have an obligation to do temple work for our kindred dead. This means that we will do the necessary research in order for the names of our progenitors to be sent to the temples. We have an individual responsibility to see that we are linked to our progenitors.” 
– Ezra Taft Benson, “Our Duty as Latter-day Saints,”
Springfield-Burke Virginia Chapel Dedication, 15 October 1982.

1 comment: