The generations on either side of me link me to my past and my future. My view of family history involves revealing the roots and the branches.

Throughout this blog you will find perspectives related to the doctrines of temple and family history work from revealed revelation given to living prophets of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Sunday, June 11, 2017

Essential That It Must Be Given A High Priority

“If we believe in the restoration of the gospel at all, we must believe also in the mission of Elijah. We declare that he has come to earth and delivered the keys of his ministry to the Prophet Joseph Smith. As a result of his labors, the hearts of both the fathers and the children are now turning to each other, and this vital work is being done. 

“But each of us must do our part for our own deceased relatives. It is so essential that it must be given a high priority in our daily lives. And that we may give it this great priority is my humble prayer in the sacred name of Jesus Christ. Amen.” 

– Elder Mark E. Petersen, “The Message of Elijah”, LDS General Conference, April 1976.

No comments:

Post a Comment