The generations on either side of me link me to my past and my future. My view of family history involves revealing the roots and the branches.

Throughout this blog you will find perspectives related to the doctrines of temple and family history work from revealed revelation given to living prophets of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Monday, September 21, 2015

Memory Jogger Monday - September 21

What were some of the challenges you have had to deal with in your life?

I have been very blessed in my life. At times when I think I have problems or troubles, I try to serve others. In the process, I realize that I have so many blessings.

I know I've had many challenges; mostly small ones. When I think about this question I am trying to determine if I had any huge challenges.

I guess one of my biggest challenges was about 20 years ago when I had just graduated from college and I was trying to decide where to live and what to do for work. My biggest dream/goal in my life was to be a wife and mother. At the end of high school and throughout college as my friends would get married and start their families that is what I wanted to do too. Big roadblock in that plan was that I wasn't dating anyone ... as in no one.

When college ended I was worried that my options for getting married would be diminished. At least that is what everyone around me said to me. Their words were discouraging to me.

Anyway, I moved across the state and took a job working at the University of Utah. After two years I moved to Logan to work at Utah State University. It was there in 2000 that I met my husband, Scott, ONLINE. He lived in Bountiful and worked in Salt Lake City; though he was from Cache Valley where I was living. We got married in November 2000 and I moved to Bountiful.

Due to infertility, it took 7 more years to have Emma and another 3 years after that to have Matthew. My biggest challenges are my greatest blessings!

And yet, perhaps my largest challenge is learning patience!

See this post for more information about "Memory Jogger Monday": 

No comments:

Post a Comment