The generations on either side of me link me to my past and my future. My view of family history involves revealing the roots and the branches.

Throughout this blog you will find perspectives related to the doctrines of temple and family history work from revealed revelation given to living prophets of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Monday, September 28, 2015

My Ward's Visit to the FamilySearch Discovery Center


I coordinated my ward family history class' visit to the FamilySearch Discovery Center in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building in Salt Lake City on September 18, 2015. There were 22 of us! We had a blast! Here are some photos of our experience. This is my third visit to the Discovery Center and I plan to take more ward members and their families in the future. You can read about my other two visits (links are posted at the end of this post).










ONE of a kind! Notice that no one else has his name!








This image below is a new feature since I was at the Center in June. You can select any of the people on this screen (brief tree view) and review the meaning and popularity of their name and info from their birth year.

Can you tell my children had fun? This was their 2nd visit.






While I was there this time I was fortunate to meet Carol Kendall. She is serving a family history mission with her husband. They both recognized me from my 2015 RootsTech presentation. It was fun visiting with her and connecting with her online since our visit.

The Family History Library will be going through a renovation and the main floor will encompass a large Discovery Center to be completed in Summer 2017. Don't wait for the larger center! Come visit the Discovery Center in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building now!

I think the Discovery Center is so fun and engaging. Some of the youth that came with us that night now want their own FamilySearch accounts and they want to come back soon so they can see the information from their own logins instead of their parent's. Anyone over the age of 8 can obtain a free FamilySearch account.

Follow this link to plan your visit and learn more about the FamilySearch Discovery Center: https://familysearch.org/discoverycenter

Read my other posts about the FamilySearch Discovery Center:
My Family's Visit to the FamilySearch Discovery Center
FamilySearch Discovery Center

#DiscoverMyStory     #FamilySearch

No comments:

Post a Comment