The generations on either side of me link me to my past and my future. My view of family history involves revealing the roots and the branches.

Throughout this blog you will find perspectives related to the doctrines of temple and family history work from revealed revelation given to living prophets of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Are They Waiting For You?



"Some of us have had occasion to wait for someone or something for a minute, an hour, a day, a week, or even a year.  Can you imagine how our progenitors must feel, some of whom have perhaps been waiting for decades and even centuries for the temple work to be done for them?  I have tried, in my mind’s eye, to envision our progenitors who are anxiously waiting for those of us who are their descendants and are members of the Church on the earth to do our duty toward them.  I have also thought was a dreadful feeling it would be for us to see them in the hereafter and have to acknowledge that we had not been as faithful as we should have been here on earth in performing these ordinances in their behalf.”   


- Pres. Spencer W. Kimball, “The Things of Eternity-Stand We in Jeopardy?”, Ensign, Jan. 1977, p.7.

No comments:

Post a Comment