The generations on either side of me link me to my past and my future. My view of family history involves revealing the roots and the branches.

Throughout this blog you will find perspectives related to the doctrines of temple and family history work from revealed revelation given to living prophets of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Monday, January 11, 2016

Memory Jogger Monday - January 11

Halley Comet - Photo courtesy of NASA and NSSDCA's Photo Gallery
List 20 interesting things you’ve experienced in your lifetime

These are not in any particular order. 
  1. Halley's Comet - As a young teen, I remember getting up really early in the morning to watch the comet from our front lawn (with no telescope).
  2. Ten half-marathons - I've completed all these races by walking! And about a third of them in pouring rain.
  3. Rode a cow - When I was really little we had a cow and my dad would take me on rides around the yard.
  4. RootsTech - Last year was my first time presenting at a national family history conference and my session was recorded for worldwide distribution.
  5. Walter's Wiggles in Zion National Park - This is an insane hike with steep switchbacks. I hiked this in the rain with some college friends.
  6. Waterfalls in Zion National Park - When in pouring rain, the sides of the canyon turn into amazing waterfalls. I've experienced this phenomenon a few times in my life.
  7. I have lived during 2 Millenniums, 2 Centuries, and so far 5 Decades
  8. 2002 Winter Olympics - I was a volunteer and issued Olympic credentials to all service providers (FBI, Secret Service, Fire, Police, etc).
  9. Fall of Berlin Wall - I watched in amazement as communist Germany fell apart.
  10. Infertility - Years of treatments and diagnosis.
  11. 2 Miracle Babies - Using NO fertility treatments I miraculously got pregnant with my daughter and a few years later miraculously got pregnant with my son. Lots of fasting and prayer!
  12. Temples - When I was born there were 13 operating temples. Now there are 149 - with one more coming in March (Provo, Utah)
  13. Temples - I received my own temple ordinances when I was 20 - and have since received hundreds if not thousands of ordinances for my own relatives.
  14. Temples - My 1st temple open house was in Chicago in 1985 (before I turned 14); though I lived in Utah and was closer to two other temples that were constructed during my 14 years.
  15. Temples - Next week my 8 year old daughter will visit her 5th temple open house; with at least four more coming in the next few years.
  16. Internet - Rapid growth in computer technology. I remember using a cassette tape to load programs into our Commodore 64 and I didn't have email until after I graduated from college.
  17. Telephones - From a 5-digit party line shared with our neighbor to amazing cell phone technology.
  18. Travel - Our family traveled through many of the US states when I was growing up. I only have 15 that I haven't been to.
  19. Space Travel - I haven't personally been to space, but I am fascinated by space travel and by the amazing images taken through telescopes. "Worlds without end".
  20. Understanding Heavenly Father's Will For Me - I had a powerful experience in 2014 where I knew Heavenly Father's will for me involved my participation in and teaching about family history and temple work. "For who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this?"
See this post for more information about "Memory Jogger Monday": 

No comments:

Post a Comment