The generations on either side of me link me to my past and my future. My view of family history involves revealing the roots and the branches.

Throughout this blog you will find perspectives related to the doctrines of temple and family history work from revealed revelation given to living prophets of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Sunday, July 26, 2015

A Deep Sense of Alliance With God

Oquirrh Mountain Temple - © Stuart Gardner
“The objective of family history work is to make the blessings of the temple available to all people, both living and dead. As we attend the temple and perform work for the dead, we accomplish a deep sense of alliance with God and a better understanding of his plan for the salvation of the human race. We learn to love our neighbors as ourselves. Truly there is no work equal to that done in the temple.” 

– President Howard W. Hunter, “We Have A Work To Do,” Ensign, March 1995, p. 65.

No comments:

Post a Comment