The generations on either side of me link me to my past and my future. My view of family history involves revealing the roots and the branches.

Throughout this blog you will find perspectives related to the doctrines of temple and family history work from revealed revelation given to living prophets of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Monday, August 31, 2015

Memory Jogger Monday - August 31

Who were some of your friends in school? Explain what your friends were like and what they are doing today if you know that.

I had a lot of friends growing up as I moved elementary schools three times in six years due to boundary changes.

I have kept in touch with dozens of friends over the years; mostly during the holidays. Now with Facebook and other social media platforms, I keep in touch with some of my school age friends on a daily basis.

I am also in charge of our 30 year high school reunion in a few years and I have a set up a Facebook group to help all of us keep in touch better.

For today I want to share my class pictures from Kindergarten through 5th Grade. I have tried to identify everyone. I know I don't recognize some people. I hope that perhaps through this blog (and I'm going to post these in our Facebook group) that I can fill in the missing names.

Kindergarten - South Elementary - Mrs. Wilson
Front Row:
Jeff Dix, Darren Swain, Raymond Musser, Jim Dix, Dean Woolsey, Robert Prince, Royce Beal, Sean Schexnayder.
2nd Row:
Lynette Jones, Shelly Curtis, Michelle Arns, ? ?, ? ?, ? ?, Sandy Wheeler, Amy Ohms.
3rd Row:
Shana Wilson, Jamie Ross, Chris Church, Jennifer Englestead, Brook Bowcutt, Kent Miles, Bellinda?, ? ?.
Back Row: 
Mrs. Wilson, Sterling Roberts or Richard Ross, Richard Rollo, Shelly Soderquist, Matt Anderson, Melinda Benson, Jeanette Walker, Bruce Rigby, ? ?.


1st Grade - East Elementary - Mrs. Bauer
Front Row:
Mrs. Bauer, Colette Jolley, Alison Mitchell, Sandy Wheeler, Donnette Norton, Bryan Hofheins, Scott McKnight.
2nd Row:
Barbara Fullmer, Ryan Steffensen, Melinda Jones, Corby Robinson, Amy Ohms, Carrie Wade.
3rd Row:
Kirsti Fullmer, Grant Slack, Mark Messer, Tonya Black, Sterling Roberts, Wade Webster.
Back Row:
John Barondeau, Tim Reagan, Ernie Bulloch, Brett Christiansen, Matt Anderson, Shane Christensen, Brenda Busik.


2nd Grade - East Elementary - Mrs. Pollock
Front Row:
Mrs. Pollock, Brandon ?, Shannon Finn, Jennifer Foy, Tyann Boyer, Richard Hepworth, Troy Nielson, Danielle Wheeler, Jean Miner, Sean Schexnayder.
Middle Row:
Lori Barnson, Stan Slack, Russ Lee, Ryan Steffensen, Lynette Jones, Kim Hunter, Grant Slack, Amy Ohms, Wade Webster.
Back Row:
Mason Paddock, Amy Hook, Billy Davis, Jill ?, Jared Farrish, Jeremy Wheeler, Brett Christiansen, Krissy Slack, Jennifer Goulding.


3rd Grade - Enoch Elementary - Mrs. Moore
1st Row:
Greg LeFevre, Principal Jensen, Mrs. Moore, Carrie Pace.
2nd Row:
Jennifer Foy, David Carter, Lance Ayers, Amy Ohms,
3rd Row:
Emer Tripp, Ora Price, Jean Miner, Mark ?, Juanita Bia, Gina Heaps, Mike Shurtz.
4th Row:
Michelle Cole, Stewart Clarke, Ellen Skougard, Richard Hepworth, Nakkole Grimshaw.
5th Row:
Sharon Anderson, Jennifer Englestead, Tim Reagan, Lance Crawford, Jennifer Patterson, Aaron Jensen.


4th Grade - Enoch Elementary - Mrs. LeBaron
1st Row:
Jennifer Patterson, Principal Matheson, Mrs. LeBaron, Lynette Jones.
2nd Row:
Brett Christiansen, Sandy Wheeler, Sonia Crawford, Emer Tripp.
3rd Row:
David Carter, Jennifer Foy, Cordy Smith, Mike Shurtz, Ora Price, James Schmidt.
4th Row:
Lance Ayers, Tracy Strickler, Craig Fisher, Sheila Hollingshead, Lance Crawford, Denise Harlin, Brian Eggan.
5th Row:
Darren Hatch, Linda Lou Johnson, Ronnie Matthews, Greg LeFevre, Tim Reagan, Amy Ohms, Rodney Cox.


5th Grade - Enoch Elementary - Mr. Robinson
1st Row:
Robert Maxwell, Principal Matheson, Mr. Robinson, Stewart Clarke.
2nd Row:
Kris Winters, Donnie Tanner, Darren Hatch, Jennifer Englestead.
3rd Row:
Kim Hunter, Ellen Skougard, Sterling Roberts, Lance Crawford, David Jenkins, Jennifer Patterson, David Carter.
4th Row:
Melissa Stathis, Amy Hansen, Nakkole Grimshaw, Jennifer Jackson, Lori Barnson.
5th Row:
Sonia Crawford, John Sherratt, Amy Ohms, Emer Tripp, Shelly Griffiths, Mike Shurtz, Jean Miner.

See this post for more information about "Memory Jogger Monday": 

2 comments:

  1. Amy,
    I have no idea if you're still looking at posts this old but I just came across it and wanted to just comment quickly. Imagine my surprise at googling my name (which apparently I don't do often enough) and finding this picture which is actually still familiar to me. The second girl from the end of the row (L to R) on the third row that you haven't identified is named Bellinda. I'm embarrassed to say I didn't ever know her last name as sir names didn't seem important in my 5-year old world. She was my girlfriend such as a 5-year old might have. We kissed on the bus for the amusement of our fellow travelers. I think we both liked the attention more than we actually liked each other. Our interactions in class were cordial but relatively minimal. Still, for my part I liked the idea of having a girlfriend and I genuinely considered her darling. Such things were pretty simple then and I had no belief in nor fear of "cooties."
    My family stayed in Enoch until the summer of 1980 when we moved to Mesquite NV. We later moved to Cache County in Utah where I finished high school and college. I know you don't really care about all of this but on the off chance you do: I served a mission in the Netherlands, married my high-school sweetheart, joined the Air Force and served as a science officer (chemist) for 20 years. I've retired from the Air Force with two more chemistry degrees (MS, PhD) and three sons. I now work for a large aerospace corporation in northern Utah. Cool blog.

    Lt Col Royce W. Beal, PhD, USAF (ret.)
    (front row)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Royce for reaching out!

      My husband went to school with you at Mountain Crest ... Scott Archibald.

      Delete