The generations on either side of me link me to my past and my future. My view of family history involves revealing the roots and the branches.

Throughout this blog you will find perspectives related to the doctrines of temple and family history work from revealed revelation given to living prophets of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Monday, October 12, 2015

Memory Jogger Monday - October 12

What foods do you like? What foods do you dislike? Did you have any food or medical allergies?

I love all pasta related foods. I could eat pasta all the time. Breakfast foods are great too and not just at breakfast time. I love fresh fruits and vegetables. I could eat a meal of just corn-on-the-cob; unfortunately my family wants something in addition to "just corn". I love seafood - lobster, shrimp, and crab. Chinese, Mexican, Japanese, Italian, and Hawaiian are some favorites!

I am sure there are foods I dislike; I just can't think of them right now. I have a hard time with foods that are too hot or too spicy or meats that are not cooked all the way.

Once when I was younger I had a strange reaction to watermelon. My lips and mouth swelled up. So for awhile I was scared of watermelon. Then one day I bravely tried it again and nothing happened. I love juicy watermelon now. So, perhaps I was allergic to that variety of watermelon?

Sometimes I am scared to try new foods. Particularly if something I already really like is also available. If I'm doing the choosing, it is hard to choose. If someone else chose something new for me and I didn't know there were other choices, I would try the new food and probably like it.

See this post for more information about "Memory Jogger Monday": 

No comments:

Post a Comment