The generations on either side of me link me to my past and my future. My view of family history involves revealing the roots and the branches.

Throughout this blog you will find perspectives related to the doctrines of temple and family history work from revealed revelation given to living prophets of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Monday, October 5, 2015

Memory Jogger Monday - October 5

God the Father and Jesus Christ - Photo From LDS Media Library
Was religion an important part of your family life? If so, what religion did your family practice, and what did it mean to you? Is it still an important part of your life today? If religion was not a part of your life, why wasn’t it?

Yes! Religion is the strengthening threads in my life. I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS-Mormon).

My mother was baptized as a youth and gained her testimony in college. Her 3rd great-grandmother and 3rd great-grandfather both joined the Church on the same day in 1832; though they had not yet met. Some of the generations in between her and these pioneers experienced inactivity.

My father was a pioneer in his family; joining the Church at age 19. My parents chose to be married in the St. George Temple in 1969 without their parents present. Their sacrifice to start a new eternal family gave me and my siblings the blessings of being born in the new and everlasting covenant; blessings they did not have for themselves.

My religion is very much who I am today. It's threads are what make my life. The assurances of the Savior's Atonement and Plan of Salvation bring comfort and strength to me. The ordinances and covenants of the temple strengthen me and through them I am able to bless the lives of family members who have gone on before me. The ordinances of the temple are the crowning blessings that binds my heart forever to my ancestors. This is the purpose for all of my family history research; to know my ancestors and to provide earthly temple ordinances for them.
See this post for more information about "Memory Jogger Monday": 

No comments:

Post a Comment