The generations on either side of me link me to my past and my future. My view of family history involves revealing the roots and the branches.

Throughout this blog you will find perspectives related to the doctrines of temple and family history work from revealed revelation given to living prophets of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Monday, February 29, 2016

Memory Jogger Monday - February 29

Peacock Feather Card
What are some of your talents? How did you discover them? What have you done to cultivate and improve them? How have they affected your life?

Sewing - I started sewing as a young teen and over the years I found that I really enjoy it. When I was 16 I got my own sewing machine. I have made clothes for myself and others, blankets, pillows, bears, etc. I love that I can make something or fix something quickly.

Card Making - I love making greeting cards. I started making them as a young adult when my sister and I got free wallpaper sample books and we used the pages to make envelopes. I also made envelopes from an old map book, and old wall calendars. Then I started making cards to go in those envelopes. Now I love to use all kinds of papers and embellishments. I also love to "gift" cards to others. I just made 10 baby related thank you cards for a baby shower gift. It was so fun and I thought of my friend during the hours I made them.

Finding People - About 14 years ago I found out I had a gift/talent of finding people. Mostly I was finding distant cousins and tracking down their contact information. That turned to finding people that other people wanted found. A friend was looking for someone whom she hadn't seen in years. Using family history skills and some family history related documents, I made a few phones calls and within a few minutes found this lady's friend. The lady I found was in the process of moving at the time and I found her on one of her stops along the way. My friend was able to make contact within minutes. I've since helped other people find people they are looking for.

Family History - This goes along with "Finding People", but mostly dead people. I don't quit in my hunt for information about my family members. I have been doing family history for most of my life - started as a young teen - and have always been learning new techniques and processes. Making connections and learning about my ancestors and finding living cousins has been very rewarding.

See this post for more information about "Memory Jogger Monday": 

No comments:

Post a Comment