|RootsTech 2016 Doris Kearns Goodwin with Ambassadors|
- We can learn from others' struggles.
- Stories take you places you could never go.
- She loved listening to stories of LBJ.
- Getting to know the inner person behind the public persona.
- Fascination with the US Presidency ... in her DNA
- She found out that 15 US Presidents are her distant cousins
- Importance of writing letters
- Roosevelt and Churchill in the White House
- Journals/diaries allow us to see the moments in our ancestor's lives
- FDR gave hope to the people.
- One is not dead ... just gone before.
- Check out the movie: Lincoln
- We live on in the memory of others.
- "He was a hero. He spoke with a voice of thunder; he laughed like the sunrise and his deeds were strong as the rock…" - Leo Tolstoy of Abraham Lincoln
|Michael Leavitt and Doris Kearns Goodwin, RootsTech 2016|