This class is called: Get Your Startup Taken Seriously by a Big Company and the speaker was Tammy Hepps. She is the Founder of Treelines, the winner of the 2013 RootsTech Developer Challenge. Tammy has an extensive technology and genealogy background. You can read about her here: http://tammyhepps.com/
Here are some of my takeaways from this session:
- Tell Your Company's Story
- Herd Mentality of Big Companies
- Best to be Vetted by Others First
- Be Established by Backers
- Identify Your Current Partners
- Identify All Your Team Members
- What is Your Financial Business Model?
- Trajectory of Company
- Know Your Competition Inside and Out
- Can You Operate at the Necessary Level?
- How Can you Improve the Big Company's Business?
- What Are You Offering the Large Company ... Your Special Sauce?
- Know the Company You are Presenting To
- Identify the Key Specifics Your Product Provides as a Solution
- Find an Internal Advocate
- Don't Be Pushy ... Burn Bridges
- Make Them Dream About The Possibilities
I do not see a recording of this session on the RootsTech website, so I searched online and found this video of a presentation from Tammy in 2009. The content seems very similar. This will give you a good idea of the RootsTech session if you'd like to watch here: