The generations on either side of me link me to my past and my future. My view of family history involves revealing the roots and the branches.

Throughout this blog you will find perspectives related to the doctrines of temple and family history work from revealed revelation given to living prophets of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Thursday, February 18, 2016

RootsTech 2016: David Isay

RootsTech 2016 David Isay with Ambassadors
This keynote speaker was David Isay, the founder of StoryCorps, the largest single collection of human voices.

Here are some of my takeaways from this session:
  • If I had 40 minutes left on earth, what would I share with you about my life?
  • Lyle Link: "Live with courage"
  • Stories turn hearts to fathers and children
  • Giving the chance to connect
  • Knowing you will never be forgotten
  • "If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other." - Mother Teresa
  • The Great Thanksgiving Listen (record a grandparent)
    • 50,000+ interviews came in on the Sunday night after Thanksgiving
  • Download the StoryCorps App

You can watch his comments here:


#RootsTech

No comments:

Post a Comment