Finding Samuel Lowe.
Here are some of my takeaways from this session:
- You (those who index) have changed my life.
- If you ever wondered who benefits from this (indexing) - listen to my story.
- We had grown up with "no family" and within weeks we had hundreds of cousins.
- You solved the mystery of "where do I come from"?
- Family is family.
- Race doesn't matter.
- We came in ranges of color, but we are all family.
You can watch her keynote here:
I had the opportunity to participate in a Media Hub Sofa Chat with Paula.
Here are some of my takeaways from the chat:
- Family accepts family.
- Aunt wanted to know exactly when they would come to China - they went at exactly the right time.
- You need to have family reunions.
- Record your elders. You need to know what they say.
Wendy Jyang and Paula Williams Madison (Hakka Cousins)