The generations on either side of me link me to my past and my future. My view of family history involves revealing the roots and the branches.

Throughout this blog you will find perspectives related to the doctrines of temple and family history work from revealed revelation given to living prophets of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Thursday, February 18, 2016

RootsTech 2016: Bruce Feiler

Bruce Feiler is the author of The Secrets of Happy Families.

Here are some of my takeaways from this session:
  • RootsTech is the Super Bowl of Storytelling
  • Tell all the family moments, even the difficult.
  • Stories should contain the emotion, the passion, and the pain.
  • You don't need the whole picture to tell the story.
  • What holds families together?
    • They talk a lot about what it means to be part of a family.
    • Create a family mission statement.
      • What values are most important to you?
      • What does your best possible self look like?
    • Storytelling-games in your family
      • Use photos
    • Tell your family history
      • #1 predictor of child's happiness
      • Good with adjustments and school success
      • Oscillating stories
  • Everybody dies, but not everyone lives. I want you to LIVE!

You can watch his comments here:


#RootsTech

No comments:

Post a Comment