Bruce Feiler is the author of The Secrets of Happy Families.
Here are some of my takeaways from this session:
- RootsTech is the Super Bowl of Storytelling
- Tell all the family moments, even the difficult.
- Stories should contain the emotion, the passion, and the pain.
- You don't need the whole picture to tell the story.
- What holds families together?
- They talk a lot about what it means to be part of a family.
- Create a family mission statement.
- What values are most important to you?
- What does your best possible self look like?
- Storytelling-games in your family
- Use photos
- Tell your family history
- #1 predictor of child's happiness
- Good with adjustments and school success
- Oscillating stories
- Everybody dies, but not everyone lives. I want you to LIVE!
You can watch his comments here: